Orient Resources Company (ORC) provides its customers with legally compliant, inherently safe and high quality products and services, maintaining customer focus, satisfaction and continually improving. Senior Management (MD & MR) is committed to document, implement, communicate, review, develop, measure, analyse hazards, control risks and improve the Integrated Management System (IMS) as evidence of our commitment to supply safe and legal products and services to all customers.
The IMS complies with the ISO 22000:2018 Standards, and HACCP Principles. ORC ensures all products and services are legally compliant and are procured, maintained and supplied to customers to a consistent high quality and food safety standards and in a safe manner, in order to fully meet customers needs and expectations, and satisfy applicable requirements at all times.
- QUALITY, SAFETY & LEGAL POLICY
ORC is committed to:
- Assess inherent food safety hazards attributable to our food products and operating processes and to control hazards and risks to As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) levels through the use of continuous investigation, analysis, problem solving, prevention and hazard review techniques;
- Identify risks and opportunities of the company and implement actions to address them, in order to give assurance that the Integrated management system can achieve its intended results;
- Fully comply with all applicable food safety and quality requirements of relevant national and international standards, specifications, ordinance, statutory and regulatory requirements, legal criteria, food-safety practice and food-security codes of conduct, etc., as directly applicable to our products, services and processes from time to time;
- Establish an effective internal and external communication documentation and plans to turn IMS strategies into actions, help employees, subcontractors and relevant interested parties when necessary
- Ensure all product related items, activities and services are provided in the most efficient, objective and effective manner possible, particularly in terms of time, resources, technology and cost, in order to maximise and continually improve current and future levels of customer satisfaction;
- Provide and maintain suitable human and other necessary resources, together with training as deemed necessary, for staff performing activities affecting, or that may affect, the procurement, legality, food safety, supply and quality of the companys products and services;
- Select, appoint, communicate with, examine, monitor, review, report and manage suppliers so that they are objectively assessed in relation to competence to provide, and to maintain, acceptable quality, safety and legal controls for all products and services that they supply to ORC;
- Routinely monitor, objectively assess and continually improve the suitability, effectiveness and relevance of the IMS by planning, conducting, reporting, following-up and closing-out a scheduled program of hazard and risk analyses, internal audits, trend reviews and management reviews; and
- Ensure this policy is available to relevant interested parties, including customer, supplier, contractor and other relevant parties, as appropriate.
- OBJECTIVES & TARGETS
Particular IMS objectives and targets that are applicable to ORC are specifically defined in relation to Food Quality, Food Safety and Food Legality, together with objectively measurable achievement criteria in Appendix 1 attached to IMS Policy manual. Objectives are clearly communicated to relevant staff, and are subsequently monitored, with results reported every six-months to senior management.
- ALLERGEN POLICY
ORC operates currently acceptable International Life Sciences Institute (ILSI) / Food and Drink Federation (FDF) practices in connection with any ingredient that could be considered an Allergen, which includes any of the major group of allergens, including peanuts.
Cross-contamination of foodstuffs during manufacturing is prevented by implementing and adhering to Operating Procedures (OP). Sanitation practices are validated by regular quality control checks to assure the suitability and effectiveness of cleaning processes. All products are carefully screened to ensure correct labelling prior to production, and all known Allergens are listed in the ingredients.
- CONTINUING PRODUCT GUARANTEE POLICY
ORC guarantees that the products comprising each shipment or other delivery, as of the date of such shipment, are not adulterated, contaminated, misbranded, fraudulently substituted or otherwise adversely compromised. All products provided are in good condition and are manufactured from sound raw material, where their production is carried out under sanitary conditions.
All products, at the time of outgoing shipment by ORC, are sound, wholesome products that are fit for direct human consumption, or that can be used as ingredients for preparing food for human consumption after subsequent due processing, e.g. shredding, cutting, mixing, cooking, etc.
- ETHICAL TRADING VALUES
ORC implements the Guiding Principles of Ethical Trading Values, which ensure that we:
- Comply with international and local legislation relating to ethical trading and human rights;
- Encourage suppliers and customers to follow and comply with ethical trading standards; and
- Integrate ethical trading considerations, where practicable, into all aspects of our business.
- LABOUR RIGHTS & DIGNITY AT WORK VALUES
ORC Senior Management comply with Labour Rights and Dignity at Work Values, to ensure that:
- No forced or involuntary labour is used;
- Any form of harassment in the work place is prohibited;
- No children are employed, except in circumstances that protect their legal rights, where we protect them from physical risks, and where any such employment does not disrupt their education;
- Fair remuneration and benefits are provided to employees that are comparable to those being offered by similar organisations in our industry / region / country; and
- Promotion opportunities are based on merit, irrespective of race, religion, sex, nationality or age.
- COMPLIANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS
Compliance with ORCs policies, objectives, targets and values, together with all other applicable requirements, is mandatory for staff, suppliers and service providers, who are encouraged to help to continually improve the IMS, and to identify, record and meet all customers needs and expectations.
Senior Management review the policies, objectives and values for suitability. Where necessary, they are revised and communicated to relevant parties, to further demonstrate our commitment to continual improvement, particularly in relation to the quality, safety and legal compliance of ORCs products.
Orient Resources Company (o/b China Business Ltd.)
17th May 2021
Orient Resources Company
- Scope of Certification: Procurement and export of Spices and Dehydratyed Vegetables
- Certificates: ISO9001, ISO22000, HACCP
- Certification Body: SGS, Hong Kong
- Consultant: Havering Radcliffe Ltd.
© 1995-2007 Orient Resources Company (o/b China Business Ltd), All
5/Fl. Qualipak Tower, 122 Connaught Road West, Hong Kong.
Tel: +852 25172316 Fax: +852 25178741
Questions and comments to